[Tagging] simple_brunnel : one node bridge like xing highway over waterway

Bryce Nesbitt bryce2 at obviously.com
Wed Apr 2 20:49:31 UTC 2014

At a road intersection, vehicle can interchange.
At a railroad intersection only one mode can use the way at a time.

A river/highway crossing is not an intersection.  The stream does not stop
for traffic. These features should not share nodes, no mater how they are
tagged.  I see no problem with a rule that says streams have implicitly
lower precedence than highways: then only exceptions like dry washes need
be tagged.

The only case where I'd created a junction between stream and highway is
for an arroyo, where in fact only one way can be used at a time (either the
stream is at low flow or the roadway is impassable).

-1 on the proposal.