[Tagging] simple_brunnel : one node bridge like xing highway over waterway

Dave F. davefox at madasafish.com
Thu Apr 3 22:15:27 UTC 2014

On 03/04/2014 22:58, Richard Z. wrote:
> On Thu, Apr 03, 2014 at 04:27:57PM -0500, John F. Eldredge wrote:
>> That is my main objection as well.  This proposal is to deliberately reduce the accuracy of the data in the name of saving a few seconds of mapping time.
> nonsense. This proposal is here to improve the accuracy. You do not have to use
> when you have precise data about bridge position and size. On the other hand if
> your data is of the average precision (i.e. 5 meter GPS error) and you try to
> enter a 3m bridge into the database you are entering junk data. This is the
> situation when less data is better because it means less junk data in effect.

No.
If you have a GPS/GPX trace you must have been there & seen it. So don't
rely on your hardware, use your eyes!

A bridge with two nodes & way will always be more accurate (note: not
necessarily completely accurate) than a node. We're mapping physical
objects from the real world as accurately as we can.

David F.

---