[Tagging] simple_brunnel : one node bridge like xing highway over waterway

Richard Z. ricoz.osm at gmail.com
Thu Apr 3 19:56:29 UTC 2014

On Thu, Apr 03, 2014 at 01:53:15AM +0200, Janko Mihelić wrote:
> Also -1 for the proposal.
>
> Rationale in the Wiki says this would save us database space, we would have
> 2 ways and 1 node less per bridge. Also, that maintaining one node is
> easier than maintaining 3 ways. Lastly, problem of pretending you have
> drawn a little bridge precise, when you didn't.
>
> All of these are valid points, but I think they don't overweight the
> problems this would give us. We would break one of the most basic rules we
> have, and we don't have much rules.

this basic rule seems to spook around here and I think we should look at it.
So what is it?

>   We don't know what that could hurt.

we have an idea. There are some 10,000 single node bridges in OSM data already.
Some share of those does also share a node with the waterway bellow and not all
of them are in exotic locations where nobody would ever notice.

>   Second are mappers who like clear rules. And if we don't have those
> core rules, future may bring us problems.

are the rules for the proposal unclear?

Richard