[Tagging] simple_brunnel : one node bridge like xing highway over waterway

Richard Z. ricoz.osm at gmail.com
Thu Apr 3 21:58:28 UTC 2014

On Thu, Apr 03, 2014 at 04:27:57PM -0500, John F. Eldredge wrote:
> That is my main objection as well.  This proposal is to deliberately reduce the accuracy of the data in the name of saving a few seconds of mapping time.

nonsense. This proposal is here to improve the accuracy. You do not have to use
when you have precise data about bridge position and size. On the other hand if
your data is of the average precision (i.e. 5 meter GPS error) and you try to
enter a 3m bridge into the database you are entering junk data. This is the
situation when less data is better because it means less junk data in effect.

Richard