[Tagging] simple_brunnel : one node bridge like xing highway over waterway

SomeoneElse lists at mail.atownsend.org.uk
Thu Apr 3 23:08:41 UTC 2014

On 03/04/14 23:27, Richard Welty wrote:
> On 4/3/14 6:06 PM, Richard Z. wrote:
>>

>> http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Advanced_relationships
>> http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Key:layer
> umm, the term only seems to appear here. google does not
> find any references to it. from this i have to assume that the
> term "brunnel" is something that was proposed and maybe
> even standardized, but never gained traction.

The only sense in which I remember it being used in the real world is
this one:

http://www.csmonitor.com/1984/1204/120446.html/%28page%29/2

As in, a crossing scheme for e.g. the English Channel comprising both
bridge and tunnel - not the thing that seems to be being proposed here
at all.

Cheers,

Andy