[Tagging] simple_brunnel : one node bridge like xing highway over waterway

Richard Welty rwelty at averillpark.net
Fri Apr 4 12:40:25 UTC 2014

On 4/4/14 5:51 AM, Simone Saviolo wrote:
> Stop saying GPS. Forget even about aerial imagery. When I had no aerial
> imagery in my area, I either did not draw such features (leaving them for
> future improvements), or approximate. "The road there is about 6 meters
> wide, so I'll draw two nodes about 6 meters apart, split the waterway there
> and tag the middle piece as a culvert". It's not that hard, it's not that
> much imprecise, sure it may be improved with better measurements, but it is
> not wrong, especially it is not topologically wrong.

and if you are not sure about the extent of the structure or its nature
there's no harm in nipping out a short section, setting layer=1 and
skipping the other tagging (bridge=yes or whatever.) you have
accurately represented what you know and maintained correct
topology.

richard

rwelty at averillpark.net
 OpenStreetMap - PostgreSQL - Linux