[Tagging] simple_brunnel : one node bridge like xing highway over waterway

SomeoneElse lists at mail.atownsend.org.uk
Fri Apr 4 13:52:25 UTC 2014

Richard Welty wrote:
> and if you are not sure about the extent of the structure or its nature
> there's no harm in nipping out a short section, setting layer=1 and
> skipping the other tagging (bridge=yes or whatever.) you have
> accurately represented what you know and maintained correct
> topology.

... providing there's a QA site that will continue to flag that as an
error.

The fact that a QA site flags an error is good if something isn't
correct; it means that someone can go and have a look and map it
properly.  Another option would be to add an OSM note, I guess.

We sometimes forget that the aim is to have data that actually
represents the world, not data that generates no errors on QA sites

Cheers,

Andy