[Tagging] noexit=yes on ways ?

Richard Welty rwelty at averillpark.net
Wed Apr 9 13:27:42 UTC 2014

On 4/9/14 9:13 AM, Pieren wrote:
> On Wed, Apr 9, 2014 at 3:05 PM, Richard Welty <rwelty at averillpark.net> wrote:
>
>> what makes no_exit so special that it needs its own key
>> for this purpose?
> Once more, it's only useful for QA tools checking highway
> intersections geometry where one of the highway is nearby but not
> connected. The "noexit" tag is disabling the warning report when the
> highway is really not connected.

i'm hearing two stories here. this story is better than "note to the next
mapper", as the next mapper may never scroll down and see no_exit

but when do you remove the no_exit, or do you leave it forever for
the validators? the DB developer in me doesn't like redundant
information, all it does is create confusion if the data is in
conflict.

richard

rwelty at averillpark.net
 OpenStreetMap - PostgreSQL - Linux