[Tagging] noexit=yes on ways ?

Pieren pieren3 at gmail.com
Wed Apr 9 13:56:45 UTC 2014

On Wed, Apr 9, 2014 at 3:27 PM, Richard Welty <rwelty at averillpark.net> wrote:

> but when do you remove the no_exit, or do you leave it forever for
> the validators? the DB developer in me doesn't like redundant
> information, all it does is create confusion if the data is in
> conflict.

It's only useful for validators (and should stay forever only where
the geometry of a possible intersection is questionable) but we cannot
prevent contributors to use it also for normal cul-de-sacs. It can be
ignored.
The absence of "noexit" tag means simply "the way ends here". If this
definition is objected, it would imply that all impasses require an
explicite "noexit" tag which is not realistic.

Pieren