[Tagging] Climbing access path

Tom Pfeifer t.pfeifer at computer.org
Fri Aug 8 10:07:12 UTC 2014

Dan S wrote, on 2014-08-08 11:31:
>> Tom - yes you understood me right :)

Thanks

>> There is no one who check whether your a climber or not or want to have
>> a fee - but these path are not aimed to be used by the general public.
>>
>> I admit that access=customers doesn't fit here so
>> summed up we have these approaches:
>>    access=destination
>>    destination=climbing

Just to reinforce the opinion, "access=destination" forbids through traffic,
in this case general hikers taking a short cut. This is what we want, and using
an established tag for this purpose. The second tag explains the details.

>> or
>>    access=climbers

While "climbing" is already an established value from sport=climbing,
"climbers" would be a new one with very low usage numbers, thus less likely
to be evaluated in routers/renderers.

>> or
>>    access=no
>>    climbing=yes

As Dan said, this would introduce a new tag with little usage.

Tom