[Tagging] changing wiki , changing definitions

fly lowflight66 at googlemail.com
Tue Aug 19 21:29:56 UTC 2014

Am 19.08.2014 10:38, schrieb Frederik Ramm:
> Hi,
>
> On 08/19/2014 09:04 AM, Pee Wee wrote:
>> Sure I could send an email to the person that changed this but what do
>> you think is the best way to deal with this changing wiki pages? Or
>> should I just accept that these things happen and change it back and
>> send an email?
>
> Well you should certainly *first* find out the motivation behind the
> change and *then* think about whether it needs reverting (instead of
> first reverting and then asking).

Yeah, always play fair, but keep in mind that the edit should have been
discussed priorly, too. This way, reverting and then discussing about
changes seems to me the right way, otherwise the wrong description is
even longer available.

> The wiki is a living documentation and not a dead archive of past
> discussions. It is quite possible that the use of "bicycle=use_sidepath"
> has changed, or is changing, and of course we'd like the wiki to
> properly document current practice.

This tag is not old enough to have changed already and only for certain
situation in countries with compulsory cycleways.

cu fly