[Tagging] Religious landuse

Tom Pfeifer t.pfeifer at computer.org
Thu Aug 28 13:34:17 UTC 2014

Martin Koppenhoefer wrote, on 2014-08-28 13:16:

> +1, religious is no "use"

why not, why is it not a "use" such as residential, commercial or retail use?

> and of no use (it doesn't express anything that religion=* won't express and
 > introduces an incompatibility for mapping the actual usage of the land)

could you illustrate this incompatibility for my, what would be the "actual" usage?

Please keep in mind that there are not always clear boundaries -- a street in
a city with apartments in the upper levels and shops in the ground level would
probably tagged residential if the shops are just a bakery and a convenience store,
while I often see retail when it is a busy shopping street with plenty of store
variety.

Thus counting church taxes in an administrative building certainly has a commercial
aspect and I'm happy to tag the landuse so if that is in a business park with other
commerce, but I don't understand your incompatibility.

Tom