[Tagging] include smoothness=* in JOSM presets?

Paul Hartmann phaaurlt at gmail.com
Sun Aug 31 09:40:52 UTC 2014

On 31.08.2014 08:28, Simon Poole wrote:
> At best the extreme values are meaningful and I would suggest that the
> value space at least be reduced (something along the lines of good, bad,
> impassable) in any preset.

You may be right in principle, but I feel it is not our job to make such
a drastic simplification to a (more or less) established tagging
feature. If this is done, you can expect a spike in these 3 values on
taginfo and anyone who deliberately tagged good before (and not
intermediate or excellent) will have their precise data watered down.
It's more like take it or leave it.

Thanks for the answers so far, my impression is that the majority would
like to see this as a preset in JOSM.

Paul