[Tagging] How one should tag different sections of library?

althio forum althio.forum at gmail.com
Mon Dec 1 15:27:41 UTC 2014

I like (3) the best (only 1 amenity, the biggest one) and I think the new
tag could be similar to building:part

> A way with the tag
> building:part <http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Key:building:part>
=yes or
> building:part <http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Key:building:part>
=*:part
> describes a part of a building, where some building attributes are
different from the general attributes of the whole building. In addition to
the different ways tagged* building:part*=*, there should be one area
(closed way or relation) marking the whole building and tagged with building
<http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Key:building>=*.

How about a direct adaptation to amenities?

One area (closed way or relation) marking the whole amenity and tagged with
amenity <http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Key:building>=*[library].
Different ways tagged
amenity <http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Key:building>
<http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Key:building:part>:part
<http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Key:building:part>=yes or
amenity <http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Key:building>
<http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Key:building:part>:part
<http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Key:building:part>=*[library]:part
to describe a part of the amenity, where some attributes are different from
the general attributes of the whole amenity.

You could then add the attributes if different from the general: name,
description, opening hours...

On Nov 29, 2014 3:17 PM, "Mateusz Konieczny" <matkoniecz at gmail.com> wrote:

> There is a large library with multiple sections (...).
>
> There are separate accounts for separate sections, different opening
hours. But it is
> managed by one institution, everything is in the same building, end it is
generally considered as one entity.