[Tagging] semantic issue with "genus" in the wiki, wetland, plant nursery, ...

Martin Koppenhoefer dieterdreist at gmail.com
Mon Dec 1 16:25:43 UTC 2014

> If produce:genus can replace and unite produce/crop/trees for producing
> landuse like plant_nursery/farmland/orchard without any loss in meaning I
> think it is a worthwhile proposal.

no, it can't, because "genus" is expected to be in Latin, and we shouldn't
expect our users to use scientifical taxons in Latin language by default
--- although they may enter them if they know them.

For farmland I think "crop" is fine, for orchards "trees" makes linguistic
sense and "produce" as well (both together, have a look at the wiki,
orchard, to understand the idea behind).

cheers,
Martin