[Tagging] access in the wiki

Ole Nielsen on-osm at xs4all.nl
Tue Dec 2 20:05:57 UTC 2014

> In short, I think we should add more access classes to the wiki:
>
> - armed_forces=yes/no etc. (identifier cannot be "military" because that
> key is taken)

I think military_personnel=* is better. "Armed forces" in my opinion
refers to the entire organisation whereas military personnel according
to wikipedia refers to members of the armed forces. Maybe separate
classes for types of military vehicles are needed as well?

> I also still think that "tram" could be a subclass of landbased
> transportation -> vehicle -> motor_vehicle -> psv
> (yes, they are on rails, but they are also part of road transport if
> their rails aren't separated from the road).

I don't see a big need for this class. The access is already defined by
the presence of physical rails. On the other hand we might need a key
for trolley buses as they behave like buses but with physical
restrictions on where they can go. There are no rails defining their
access and I'm not aware of a tagging scheme for the contact lines.

Ole