[Tagging] access in the wiki

Martin Koppenhoefer dieterdreist at gmail.com
Wed Dec 3 10:53:39 UTC 2014

> On 02/12/2014 14:48, Martin Koppenhoefer wrote:
>

>> In short, I think we should add more access classes to the wiki:
>>
>> - armed_forces=yes/no etc. (identifier cannot be "military" because that
>> key is taken)
>>

> I think military_personnel=* is better. "Armed forces" in my opinion
> refers to the entire organisation whereas military personnel according to
> wikipedia refers to members of the armed forces. Maybe separate classes for
> types of military vehicles are needed as well?

I am not sure on "personell", because this refers to people, while I think
that the exception refers to vehicles in military service (I am not
completely sure how it is written, this exception was reported by a local
mapper (I guess from a sign that is there), but is not found in the text I
have linked (maybe because this text is generally about individual
permissions, and they do not need it).

>> I also still think that "tram" could be a subclass of landbased
>> transportation -> vehicle -> motor_vehicle -> psv
>> (yes, they are on rails, but they are also part of road transport if
>> their rails aren't separated from the road).
>>

> I don't see a big need for this class. The access is already defined by
> the presence of physical rails. On the other hand we might need a key for
> trolley buses as they behave like buses but with physical restrictions on
> where they can go. There are no rails defining their access and I'm not
> aware of a tagging scheme for the contact lines.

trams might be excluded from turn_restrictions for instance. Also the
presence of rails does not mean that the tram is automatically allowed to
go there, there might be oneway restrictions or the rails could be old: It
happens from time to time that traffic flows are reorganized, but the rails
will typically not be removed instantly.

cheers,
Martin