[Tagging] Adding values to usage=* key for power transmission

François Lacombe fl.infosreseaux at gmail.com
Wed Dec 3 18:19:51 UTC 2014

I understand your points but not convinced at all.
Railway guys did it right.

For me, the best example is the location=* tag as mentioned before.
It is actually used in many fields of knowledge, with different and maybe
specific values for each.

No namespace was introduced and all values shouldn't be used on all
features.
Mistakes detection is QA tools job, mappers may be helped by editors but
certainly not forced.

Goal of such tags isn't to give the feature main character but some precise
details.

Thus, I'm not sure we should literally add power: or railway: or whatever
before usage=* since all features concerned by my proposal and railway one
will be tagged with power=* or railway=*

+1 with Rainer, if each field of OSM knowledge restrict usage of common
terms, we'll run out of keys shortly.

All the best

*François Lacombe*

fl dot infosreseaux At gmail dot com