[Tagging] Feature Proposal - RFC - Water tap (Kotya Karapetyan)

Martin Koppenhoefer dieterdreist at gmail.com
Thu Dec 4 12:22:15 UTC 2014

> The main choice for water tap is between man_made = water_tap or amenity
= water_tap. I have no firm idea on either choice. If I have too now I'd
chose man_made=water_tap. Fits with man_made=water_well .. though not with
amenity=shower and I'm certain tehre are other examples.

+1 to man_made namespace, no need to deprecate amenity=drinking_water (80K+
uses, a lot of data consumers)

> But the tag for the purity of the water should be named so that it cannot
be confused with some other meaning. And be secondary to the facility ..
much as 'surface=paved' is to other tags (eg highway).
> man_made=water_tap
> water_purity=non-portable

not sure if "purity" is a good choice. Completely "pure" water is not
potable (distilled water), you'd die if you drank too much (OK, you'll also
die when drinking too much "normal" water [1], but the second "too much" is
much more than the first).

Cheers,
Martin

[1] http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Water_intoxication