[Tagging] Adding values to usage=* key for power transmission

François Lacombe fl.infosreseaux at gmail.com
Sat Dec 6 22:23:56 UTC 2014

I guess no one should tag a single feature with both power=* and railway=*
since they are actually separated in reality.

http://www.openstreetmap.org/way/167556124 is an error : is it an abandoned
railway with power feeder remaining on landscape or a power line built on
the abandoned railway ?
We don't know really...

So tags like usage=*, location=*, operator=*, ... should be domain-less and
get a worldwide extent for each field of knowledge which require them.

operator=* sounds to be the perfect example : everyone should use them but
all companies in the world won't operate all features.
We didn't create power:operator and railway:operator.

I hope I'm clear :)

All the best

*François Lacombe*

fl dot infosreseaux At gmail dot com