[Tagging] New openstreetmap-carto version: please check country and state boundaries

Janko Mihelić janjko at gmail.com
Wed Dec 10 23:37:33 UTC 2014

Dana 10. 12. 2014. 18:32 osoba "Matthijs Melissen" <info at matthijsmelissen.nl>
napisala je:

> Croatia and Senegal currently use admin_level=3 instead of
> admin_level=4 for state boundaries. Using admin_level=4 seems to be
> the international standard, which we followed in the stylesheet, so
> these countries might want to consider changing their tagging.

Croatia uses admin_level=6 for county borders. We don't have any
administrative divisions between country and county in Croatia.

We used to use admin_level=4 for counties, but were advised that
admin_level=6 is the standard.

Anyway, we don't have states. Maybe you were talking about a different
country?

Janko Mihelić