[Tagging] New openstreetmap-carto version: please check country and state boundaries

Pieren pieren3 at gmail.com
Thu Dec 11 09:11:49 UTC 2014

On Thu, Dec 11, 2014 at 12:37 AM, Janko Mihelić <janjko at gmail.com> wrote:
> We used to use admin_level=4 for counties, but were advised that
> admin_level=6 is the standard.
>
> Anyway, we don't have states. Maybe you were talking about a different
> country?

I didn't find a level=3 boundary relation for Croatia either. But
anyway, here is what is documented on the wiki:
http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Tag:boundary%3Dadministrative

and we see several countries with a level 3.
Anyway, you speak about a "name" and a "ref" for the relation. Since
when do we need a "ref" for an admin boundary ?

Pieren