[Tagging] craft=builder definition?

SomeoneElse lists at atownsend.org.uk
Tue Dec 16 17:36:05 UTC 2014

On 16/12/2014 17:05, Andreas Goss wrote:
> Just found this tag (craft=builder) on Taginfo and it has been used by
> a few times, but it does not seem very clear what it means:
>
> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Builder
>
> So is there any good definition for this tag or should I just create a
> Wiki page that people should use more spefific craft etc. tags?

Of the links there, "The Builders
<http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Builders>, a /Fawlty Towers/ episode"
might be most useful.  :-)

In English this sense of "builder" normally means a (usually small)
company that performs (house) building work, or a person that works for
such a company.

A larger company that designs and oversees the construction of large
housing estates (or other commercial or industrial property) might also
be described as a "firm of builders", but it's not as good a fit.

Cheers,

Andy