[Tagging] Wiki - contact: & Map Features

Andreas Goss andig88 at t-online.de
Tue Dec 16 18:15:34 UTC 2014

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

Honestly the people supporting this tag are annoying me more and more.
They try to push that tag everywhere even when the tag without the
prefix is used 10x more. The try to make the Wiki page sound like they
are still present more often in the database. Put it on the MapFeatures
Page. On shop/craft Wiki pages they try to push it as supplementary
tags. Another guy does a mass edit for all social media tags and puts
the contact: prefix in front of it (still not sure all facebook tags
have been reverted).

Is there any solution to this? It's really no fun when I come back to
edit a Wiki again and see that it happened again. Especially this
replacing and not even trying to give the user a choice.

═══════════════ Talk:Map_Features ═══════════════

http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Talk:Map_Features#Last_changes_by_Xxzme.3F

>   Not only that. Why do you want to remove tags that are in widespread use in OSM? Xxzme (talk) 15:27, 4 December 2014 (UTC)

>>   Because this page should list only major OSM features in widespread use.

>>>   It is not written anywhere. This is only your subjective opinion about how big "Map Features" should be.
>>>   You are trying to enforce your opinion about how "wiki should look like". Instead of single view enforced by single user, users should compare multiple approaches and pick one for them. Do not remove valid information. Xxzme (talk) 10:39, 5 December 2014 (UTC)

Picked out this Quote, there is a lot more to read. I completely agree
with the view that MapFeatures really is just for major features or at
least for tags where there is no disagreement. Something that's not
clear should not be there. And especially a tag or whole template that's
used far less than a equivalent tag should not be there.