[Tagging] Mapping of kids areas

Tom Pfeifer t.pfeifer at computer.org
Wed Dec 17 14:11:21 UTC 2014

Erik, this gets really messy here. Not mapping a playground as a playground
just because of the access? We don't map amenity=parking differently
just because of access=customers.

We have all the tools already without the need for a new tag, and
definitely these shopping centre playgrounds should not be tagged
as kindergarten, the latter is a more institutional amenity.

leisure=playground
playground:indoor=yes or playground:outdoor=yes
playground:supervised=yes or no (referring to staff supervision)
access=customers

Никита wrote on 2014-12-17 10:40:
 > We cannot map equipment, this is insane to maintain

Yes we can, see playground=* as approved, e.g. playground=swing

tom

Erik Johansson wrote on 2014-12-17 14:57:
> Then I like kids_area when you are mapping a private playground that
> is closed off without direct public access, mainly because I wouldn't
> map them as a leisure=playground.
>
> About supervision vs. childcare, we have lots of free supervised
> playgrounds here which do not offer child care, and and I have no
> experience with staffed child care facilties at malls etc. But for me
> amenity=kindergarten seems to be an good match to child_care you would
> have in a mall.
>

> On Wed, Dec 17, 2014 at 10:43 AM, Philip Barnes <phil at trigpoint.me.uk> wrote:
>> On Wed Dec 17 2014 09:32:05 GMT+0000 (GMT), Никита wrote:
>>> Probably we should define kids_area as:
>>> leisure=playground
>>> playground:indoor=yes