[Tagging] Mapping of kids areas

Tom Pfeifer t.pfeifer at computer.org
Thu Dec 18 15:17:51 UTC 2014

Andreas Goss wrote on 2014-12-17 22:41:
>> I don't see a need for a new key here.
>> The properties can be easily modelled with sub-tagging of playground:
>>
>> leisure=playground
>> playground:supervised=yes/no
>> playground:outdoor=yes/no
>> playground:indoor=yes/no
>
> I agree in general, but the main issue with tagging like this is that
 > I bet most data consumers will just look for leisure=playground and that's it.

Yes, and that is the good thing. The general purpose map will just show
you a playground icon, without further implementation, and special-purpose
maps give you the ability to filter for specific ones.

Look at https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Tag:sport%3Dclimbing
where I'm happy enough if a general map shows me the sport in general,
while special-purpose layers can be added for all these details:

http://openclimbingmap.bstegmaier.de/#14/48.3899/9.7589
http://martinkoeller.github.io/ClimbingMap/example1.html

There you have them all, outdoor, indoor, fees, supervision ...
And overpass allows the fast creation of them.

tom