[Tagging] Feature Proposal - RFC - (Obligatory vs. optional, cycletracks) (Mateusz Konieczny)

Warin 61sundowner at gmail.com
Mon Dec 22 12:51:44 UTC 2014

On 22/12/2014 9:09 PM, tagging-request at openstreetmap.org wrote:
>> <mailto:matkoniecz at gmail.com>>:
>>
>>      No, no, no.
>>

>> In my opinion, there are a few "no"s missing here. So I'll add at least
>> one more: no. Well, make that two: No.
> Let me add several "no"s:
>
> No, no, no, no, NO!
>
> Reasons have already been given.

Another no. A suitable tag already exists.
In Australia generally you are allowed to bicycle on any road. There are some exceptions .. and they should be well marked with signs. As for tags .. these are already available as tags on the road where bicycling is not allowed. Use the tag bicycle=no on the road where the bicycle is not allowed. Why the need for another tag?