[Tagging] Tagging Digest, Vol 63, Issue 68

Ulrich Lamm ulamm.brem at t-online.de
Tue Dec 23 10:25:31 UTC 2014

I've written each of my answers on top of an answered post.

Am 23.12.2014 um 09:17 schrieb tagging-request at openstreetmap.org:

> Today's Topics:
>
>   1. Re: Feature Proposal - RFC - (Obligatory vs. optional √
>      cycletracks) (fly)
>   2. Re: Feature Proposal - RFC - (Obligatory vs. optional √
>      cycletracks) (715371)
>   3. Re: Date of survey (Marc Gemis)
>   4. Re: Feature Proposal - RFC - (Obligatory vs. optional √
>      cycletracks) (Mateusz Konieczny)
>   5. Re: Date of survey (althio forum)
>   6. Re: Date of survey (Jean-Marc Liotier)

For roadline-tagged cycletracks, that is a good idea.
Nevertheless, I hope we get a tagging scheme that is available for roadline-tagged and for separately drawn cycletracks almost in the same way.

> Message: 1
> Date: Mon, 22 Dec 2014 23:49:24 +0100
> From: fly <lowflight66 at googlemail.com>
> To: "Tag discussion, strategy and related tools"
> 	<tagging at openstreetmap.org>
> Subject: Re: [Tagging] Feature Proposal - RFC - (Obligatory vs.
> 	optional	cycletracks)
> As we have tags for different kind of *lane the only problem is

> cycleway=track.
>
> Now we have two solutions:
>
> 1. deprecate cycleway=track in favour of cycleway=*_track
> 2. add a new key like bicycle_track=*
>
> My two cents
>
> fly
>
> Am 22.12.2014 um 12:30 schrieb Hubert:
>> The need to distinguish between obligatory and optional cycle ways
>> isquite common. Right now it’s done by distinguishing between
>> bicycle=official/designated and bicycle=yes or bicycle=officialand
>> bicycle=designated/yes.
>>
>> In a similar way, I think it is better to use something like
>> bicycle=obligatory instead of cycleway=optionalsince it is more of an
>> access problem, than a type problem.(I alsodon’tlike
>> cycleway=opposite)After all the only difference is where one may or must
>> ride. The cycle way itself does look the same, except for the missing sing.
>>
>> OnMontag, 22. Dezember 2014 02:20Ulrich
>> Lamm<___ulamm.brem at t-online.de_<mailto:ulamm.brem at t-online.de>> wrote:
>>
>>> Hi all,
>>

>>> I've written a proposal for the tags cycleway=obligatory and
>>
>>> cycleway=optional.
>>

>>> Now I hope for your comments.
>

> ------------------------------

Make a better suggestion that describes the feature in the same quality of relaibility and of slim tagging!

> Message: 2
> Date: Tue, 23 Dec 2014 00:47:53 +0100
> From: 715371 <osmu715371 at gmx.de>
> To: "Tag discussion, strategy and related tools"
> 	<tagging at openstreetmap.org>
> Subject: Re: [Tagging] Feature Proposal - RFC - (Obligatory vs.
> 	optional	cycletracks)
>
> Am 22.12.2014 um 02:20 schrieb Ulrich Lamm:
>> I've written a proposal for the tags cycleway=obligatory and cycleway=optional.
>
> I am still against this tag as I mentioned several times.

That's an interesting idea.
Nevertheless it ought to be possible to record the basic features of obligation and direction without separate waylines.
It is known that I like separately drawn cycletracks – on main roads and on crucial links of the cycle traffic network.
But in Bremen we have hundreds of kms of cycletracks in residential streets that even I don't like to draw separately :)