[Tagging] correct access tagging for tourist attraction

johnw johnw at mac.com
Thu Dec 25 03:59:36 UTC 2014

perhaps use the =destination tag instead of =private on the road you are supposed to use.
http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Key:access <http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Key:access>

I think that unless you are an invited guest and have a drawn map and permission from the owner, a private place that provides access on a certian way to visitors would use a different tag than access=private - they expect visitors to use that particular way to visit the facility - so access=destination seems correct.

If the other access roads have gates/bollards/rope, tag them as access=no or private as well. it will further discourage visitors from using that road.
http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Key:barrier <http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Key:barrier>

javbw