[Tagging] DE:Bicycle/Radverkehrsanlagen kartieren

Marc Gemis marc.gemis at gmail.com
Thu Dec 25 19:51:37 UTC 2014

I don't agree,

the definition says:
---
Use *cycleway*=opposite for situations where cyclists are permitted to
travel in both directions on a road which is one-way for normal traffic, in
situations where there is no dedicated contra-flow lane marked for
cyclists. In practice there is typically a very short section of road,
sometimes called a "cycle plug", where cycles are excepted from the
no-entry by means of a short lane separated by an island. These roads
should normally also be tagged with oneway
<https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Key:oneway>=yes and also oneway:bicycle
<https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Key:oneway:bicycle>=no. Streets like
this are common in Belgium, the Netherlands and Denmark. They are rarer in
the UK, but are becoming more common due to a recent change in road signage
allowing no entry signs qualified with "except cycles".
----

So only when there is a short separate lane for bi-directional traffic, one
should use cycleway=opposite. It should never be used in the countries that
are mentioned above, where the whole street is bi-directional.

I think this is one of the most misused tags in Belgium.

regards