[Tagging] Feature Proposal - RFC - leisure=fitness_centre

Friedrich Volkmann bsd at volki.at
Sun Dec 28 15:36:13 UTC 2014

On 27.12.2014 16:20, Andreas Goss wrote:
>> What's wrong with sport=fitness and leisure=sports_centre?
>
> Persoanlly I think it would result in all kind of facilities being tagged
> like this, even though it's not the primary purpose. For example someone
> posted a User Diary entry about rowing clubs in Denmark and that some have a
> fitness centre. I don't know about you, but that's not exacly for I'm
> looking for when searching for one.

Why not? Some rowing clubs spend more money on exercise machines than on
boats. They are quite proud of their included fitness centers.

I like the idea of tagging the clubs's entire property as
leisure=sports_centre + sport=rowing, and additionally sport=fitness (or
sport=gymnastics) to the building or room dedicated to that. But I wouldn't
tag it as a leisure=sports_centre on its own. It is only part of the
surrounding sports_centre.