[Tagging] 'Variety' in UK English?

Tom Pfeifer t.pfeifer at computer.org
Mon Dec 29 21:45:49 UTC 2014

Langenscheidt translates DE:varieté into "variety theatre, music hall, Am. vaudeville theatre".
Oxford defines 'variety' for both BE/AE as "a form of television or theater entertainment
consisting of a series of different types of acts, such as singing, dancing, and comedy"

All is exactly what was intended with the German "varieté" in the Wiki.
(Apparently in language, DE:varieté has been borrowed from FR:variétés, losing some
fine details when passing the border)

Thus I'd tune into the suggestion (here and on the talk page) to change it
to theatre:genre=variety in the wiki, talk to those who have tagged the 9 occurrences and
inform the original proposer.

tom