[Tagging] How to tag an imaginary oneway barrier

Pee Wee piewie32 at gmail.com
Sun Feb 2 14:08:01 UTC 2014

2014-02-02 Jo <winfixit at gmail.com>:

> The 4th option is to use turn restrictions on the crossing where the
> 'virtual' sign is placed.
>
> Jo

That may very wel be the best solution. That means we have to split the way
at the location of the traffic_sign. That is kind of a shame because I was
thinking of also adding a  "traffic_sign:backward:NL:C6" on the node of the
split. The traffic sign
WIKI<http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Traffic_sign#As_part_of_a_way>says
this about placing traffic_sign tags on a node that is part of a way :

"It is important to note that the affected direction can only be
unambiguously specified by using nodes which are part of *exactly one*
highway <http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Key:highway>=*. Avoid junction
nodes and nodes between two ways as well (where they have been split, but
are connected by a node). If in doubt, better simply insert a new node into
the way instead of using an existing one. "

I guess that the best place for the traffic_sign tag is then just a bit
away from the split node.