[Tagging] How to tag an imaginary oneway barrier

Martin Koppenhoefer dieterdreist at gmail.com
Thu Feb 6 16:07:14 UTC 2014

> I'd discourage this tagging (and, semantically it doesn't make sense
>> anyway).
>>
>> OK but why does it not make sense semantically? It seems to me that it is
> unambigious

it has no meaning at all. A point / node has no direction, so
forward/backward do not make any sense, only ways can have
forward/backward. What you want to do is an implicit relation (you want to
say: this node "a" in forward direction of this way "b" has this
restriction "c") without creating it explicitly. As it is implicit, common
tools won't know about it (they only know explicit relations). One could
implement a method to determine such situations for the tools, but that
still doesn't make the semantics nice looking, you still have a tag on a
node which is actually about the direction of a way without the way being
explicitly stated. A better mapping would somehow reference this way (and
the node, i.e. a relation).

cheers,
Martin