[Tagging] tag man_made=campanile to be replaced with man_made=belfry?

Andreas Labres list at lab.at
Thu Feb 13 19:04:12 UTC 2014

For me those are rather synonym (but different regions/cultures obviously build
them much different).

In German the word "Glockenstapel" doesn't exist (at least in our latitude,
48°). The Nordic "Klockstapel" as well as the Italian "Campanile" translate to
"Glockenturm" (which means bell tower) in German.

As those are all towers, I'd prefer

    man_made=tower

for all of them. And then I'd detail

    tower:type=belfry for those Nordic belfries
    tower:type=campanile for those stand-alone Italien Campaniles
    tower:type=bell_tower for any "ordinary" bell tower

Or even more extreme

    man_made=tower
    tower:type=bell_tower

(as we probably agree those all are bell towers) and optionally

    tower:subtype=belfry
    tower:subtype=campanile

/al