[Tagging] Feature Proposal - RFC - All You Can Eat

John Packer john.packer7 at gmail.com
Sat Feb 15 12:57:13 UTC 2014

Actually, all_you_can_eat:type=* describes the *way* the food is served. If
the value is buffet, then people go to the food to get it; if the value is
rodízio, then waiters go around the restaurant offering samples of food to
each table; if the value is conveyor_belt, then people sit around a
rotating table which carries the food(probably always used for sushi); and
so on.

Fine so far, but I cannot see a need for a separate
> all_you_can_eat:opening_hours subtag when the normal opening_hours tag would
> serve the purpose.

It should only be used for special cases. For example, if a cafe has an
all-you-can-eat happy hour every friday afternoon, then you might
include all_you_can_eat:opening_hours=Fr
14:00-18:00.