[Tagging] wiki definition for man_made=works

Martin Koppenhoefer dieterdreist at gmail.com
Tue Feb 25 16:36:11 UTC 2014

> Am 25/feb/2014 um 17:27 schrieb Martin Koppenhoefer <dieterdreist at gmail.com>:
>

>> Am 25/feb/2014 um 17:10 schrieb Pieren <pieren3 at gmail.com>:
>>
>> Why not. But what about this sentence : "landuse=industrial to show
>> the area around the building. "  ?
>

> IMHO the building should be included. There's no problem in tagging all areas that are industrially used with landuse=industrial, so my suggestion is to add landuse=industrial to works if it's missing.

Another possible question is whether to add landuse=commercial to offices inside the plant, which I'd reply with not in general, maybe yes if it is a big and or fenced area of only offices that happens to be enclosed by the plant. If a producing /manufacturing company has an administrative site outside of producing facilities this would not be industrial of course.

cheers,
Martin