[Tagging] Pistemap proposal

Janko Mihelić janjko at gmail.com
Tue Feb 25 21:27:03 UTC 2014

I have a few objections about that proposal:

landuse=winter_sports
I don't like this way of confining a ski resort. First,
landuse=winter_sports here is used to tag a ski resort. That can't be
right, because a restaurant can be a part of a ski resort, and it isn't
used for winter sports. Second, the areas are going to be arbitrary because
ski resorts don't have explicit borders as far as I know.

aerialway=mixed_lift
This value is a bit vague. How are you going to tag aerialway:occupancy of
both types of lifts? What if there is a mixed lift with chairs that have 4
seats and chairs that have 2 seats? I have a feeling only relations can tag
this right, but maybe there is a better solution.

Other than those, the proposal looks ok to me.

Janko