[Tagging] Pistemap proposal

Tod Fitch tod at fitchdesign.com
Tue Feb 25 21:57:00 UTC 2014

Interesting. . . I've only skied in the US and Canada and mostly in the western US. Most if not all the alpine/downhill ski areas I've been to have very definitely marked boundaries. There are backcountry and cross country/nordic skiing areas I've been to where the boundaries are vague and unmarked. So to state "ski areas don't have explicit borders" would be incorrect in my part of the world. Nothing saying one has to put a landuse=winter_sports polygon around an area that is ill-defined, but you should do so if the area is well marked.

I am in favor of migrating the proposed piste maps page to a regular page.

-Tod