[Tagging] Feature Proposal - RFC - drinkable

Dave Swarthout daveswarthout at gmail.com
Thu Feb 27 07:32:14 UTC 2014

No objection. I equate the term "drinkable" with potable. The latter is a
weird sounding term, to me at least, but is the one in common use in the
United States to designate water sources that are safe to drink from.

Some water sources are either polluted or dirty and are to be avoided.
OTOH, I can think of several roadside springs in Alaska near where I lived,
that are sought after for their pure, crystal clear water and would be
deserving of this tag with a value of "yes".

On Thu, Feb 27, 2014 at 1:18 PM, Rudolf Martin <rudolf.martin at gmx.de> wrote:

> Hallo,
>
> the tag "drinkable=" is used more than 3000 times.
>
> Up today there is no clear definition about the values of this tag.
>
> I made a proposal with some possible values, according to some
> discussions in this mailinglist and some threads in the osm forum.
>
> https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Proposed_features/drinkable
>
> Feel free to discuss.
>
> Rudolf

Dave Swarthout