[Tagging] Study area

Philip Barnes phil at trigpoint.me.uk
Thu Feb 27 12:34:21 UTC 2014

On Thu, 2014-02-27 at 12:59 +0100, Stephan Knauss wrote:

> I would not focus too much on the "office" in the key name. A footpath is
> also a "highway". But everyone would agree it is not a highway at all.
A public footpath/bridleway is a highway, they are maintained by the
local highway authority. Obstructing any highway is an offence, whether
it be a public footpath or motorway.

The term highway is often misused to imply a motorway/expressway,
however that is not the UK (and therefore OSM) definition of a highway.

Phil (trigpoint)