[Tagging] one-directinal bicycle dismount on oneway road ?

Martin Koppenhoefer dieterdreist at gmail.com
Sun Jan 19 17:32:10 UTC 2014

2014/1/19 Colin Smale <colin.smale at xs4all.nl>

> Well, certainly I have seen them applied to large "permissive" areas like
> shopping centres. If we don't use bicycle=no for this, how about
> bicycle=prohibited?

yes, it is also my guess that shopping centres might forbid bringing your
bike even if pushed. And they will also forbid a lot of other stuff, like
dogs, horses, people not dressed according to their liking, people that
they don't like (or that their private security thinks that the operator
doesn't like, especially if they look as if they won't buy anything), they
also don't like people voicing political opinions or distributing flyers.
Also ballplaying will probably be forbidden. Are we going to add all those
tags? IMHO those are indoor spaces (shop=mall / building=*) and it is
normal that you can't bring your vehicle inside, you also can't bring it
inside the theatre or the butcher's and probably not even into the zoo.

> The standard sign for "no vehicles" (red ring on white background) does
> not apply to bicycles being pushed by hand, but as a bicycle is
> technically a vehicle whether it is being ridden or not, there are some
> esoteric edge cases in the "no vehicles" category, like "no vehicles
> carrying explosives". If your bike carrier is full of Semtex, dismounting
> is IMHO not enough to allow you to pass the sign.

I'd tag this a "no explosives" rather than "no bike with explosives"

cheers,
Martin