[Tagging] "Relations are not categories" excepted for "type=network" ?

Frank Little frankosm at xs4all.nl
Wed Jul 16 20:13:11 UTC 2014

Nodes currently are placed (where relevant) in both cycling and walking networks.

If one did not include nodes in route relations (I do that and prefer it; Jo, as he said earlier, does not), or in the network relation, or in both (slight redundancy, but quite useful IMO) then the cycling or hiking network name would have to be on the node.
Again, I fail to see what the advantage would be for such a change.

ALL tagging issues can be resolved by adopting a different set of tagging principles and therefore (within reason) can be changed using programming, but why would you want to?