[Tagging] Townhouse

Martin Koppenhoefer dieterdreist at gmail.com
Sun Jul 20 23:51:26 UTC 2014

> Am 20/lug/2014 um 07:10 schrieb Paul Johnson <baloo at ursamundi.org>:
>
> I'd tag it as building=house and subdivide it as necessary similar to a stripmall if you know where the walls between units/addresses are.

I'd probably use building=terraced_house for all recent developments I know who call themselves townhouse, but looking into WP showed that in Britain the meaning "refers to the town or city residence of a member of the nobility or gentry, as opposed to their country seat": http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Townhouse_(Great_Britain)
(different meanings in AE and BE of the same word somehow make it less usable as a tag (I.e. townhouse), because you'll get more mistagging than the average whatever you define in the wiki)

 "house" alone is quite generic and also used for detached houses, better go for a little more specificity

cheers,
Martin