[Tagging] About new landuses and superiority of cascading tag schemes

Mateusz Konieczny matkoniecz at gmail.com
Fri Jul 25 09:16:55 UTC 2014

I propose to reduce inventing new landuses and start making subcategories
whenewer possible.

Recently I encountered landuse=plant_nursery, landuse=salt_pond,
landuse=greenhouse_horticulture and landuse=mine.

I think that all of them are overly specific and should be tagged as
subcategories
of more general landuses.

[landuse=plant_nursery] (x4398) -> [landuse=farmland,
farmland=plant_nursery] (x980)
[landuse=salt_pond] (x4445) -> [landuse=industrial, industrial=salt_pond]
(x59)
[landuse=greenhouse_horticulture] (x19478) -> [landuse=farmland,
farmland=greenhouse_horticulture] (unused)
[landuse=mine] (x1005) ->  [landuse=industrial, industrial=mine] (unused)

See also http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Proposed_features/industrial
that I
think is a great idea.