[Tagging] How to tag road junction names and traffic signal names?

Lukas Sommer sommerluk at gmail.com
Thu Jul 24 16:44:41 UTC 2014

junction=yes will probably be rendered by openstreetmap-carto soon.

However:

– Can we accept a simple (not connected) node with junction=yes and name=*
in spite of the problems in turn-to-turn navigation?

– Is using a relation for this to complicate? But it would be a clean
solution to have the “name” tag in the relation and the nodes where the
ways cross as members in the relation.

– Could we maybe simply draw an area around the junction, sharing nodes
with the incoming/outgoing ways? Less clean than a relation, but easier to
use.

Lukas Sommer