[Tagging] [openstreetmap-carto] Render paved/unpaved (#110)

David Bannon dbannon at internode.on.net
Mon Jul 28 23:10:21 UTC 2014

On Mon, 2014-07-28 at 06:47 -0700, Rovastar wrote:
> sorry but I don't like having new separate colours for each one.

Agree Rovastar, whole new set of colours does not work, mainly IMHO
because the casual user would not know the colour code.

> I think the only way we are going to do this is a coloured casing.

I am not so sure. Some roads do not currently have a casing so adding
even a dotted/dashed one would seem to increase their visibility. And a
colured casing would be very hard to see on a major road, shown, eg, in
dark blue.

I'd prefer a minimal change model, don't change the default, sealed
roads, just add something for those unsealed roads. Dashed infill IMHO !

I still don't see how widely this "access" coding that seems associated
with dashed infill is used. Any examples please ?

David