[Tagging] Key:contact - Misleading Infobox?

Martin Koppenhoefer dieterdreist at gmail.com
Mon Jun 16 09:08:11 UTC 2014

> I have honestly never seen a single POI that uses contact:phone. Also both
> ID and JOSM seem to support phone=* in their presets.

+1,
I think still more people are using phone without the "contact:" prefix,
(now it is 347k vs. 63k), and this relation will probably not change. Some
mappers (but they seem to be in the minority) prefer the longer version
because it will group the contact information and similar info (e.g. a
"website" is not (only) a contact) in a block in many editors (those which
present tags in alphabetical order). You can use either variant, and as of
now I'd encourage you to use the more frequently used version.

cheers,
Martin