[Tagging] Native English speakers: locker or lockbox?

Michael Reichert nakaner at gmx.net
Tue Jun 24 17:32:57 UTC 2014

Hi,

over a year ago I was indoor-mapping the central train station of
Heilbronn, Germany and looked for a tag to tag a locker/lockbox like this:
http://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/File:Schlie%C3%9Ff%C3%A4cher_-_Bahnhof_Neumarkt_Oberpfalz.jpg

After reading a discussion at talk-de from October 2010 [1], I decided
to tag them amenity=lockbox. [2] In that discussion they decided to use
the amenity key instead of tourism key.

At the moment Constantin Müller (aka ubahnverleih) and I think about a
consistent tagging of this amenities. At the moment there are 9 objects
tagged amenity=lockbox and 30 objects tagged amenity=locker [3, 4].
Because there is few difference between both tags I would like to ask
the native English speakers at this list to answer me following question:

What word describes a locker/lockbox at a train station (see linked
image above) better? Locker or lockbox? In the discussion at talk-de
Martin Koppenhöfer wrote that a lockbox can be found at a bank (for
money, gold etc.). But he was not sure. [5]

Best regards

Michael

[1] German:
https://lists.openstreetmap.org/pipermail/talk-de/2010-October/076965.html