[Tagging] Where do source tags belong?

Martin Koppenhoefer dieterdreist at gmail.com
Thu Jun 26 16:53:48 UTC 2014

> When I do edits using multiple sources, it makes a lot of sense to put the
> source tags on the objects.

I have also occasionally used source-tags on the objects in the past, but I
have stopped doing it in favour of source-tags on changesets, because the
former didn't make much sense any more. It was never clear how to deal with
existing source tags (do you amend them or delete / overwrite them?) and it
was also not nice to add my personal source tags (for the edit I made) to
an object that already existed. The only situation where you could put them
unambigously to an objects was when you created it yourself, but then the
next person modifying the object would have the problem ;-)

cheers,
Martin